RE: Greenhouse problems

Hi Cyndi,

We have been trying to get the "perfect" greenhouse together for a long
time. I am so thrilled with this one. It was not real expensive to make,
just time consuming. I know once we start replacing the plastic with more
windows and the corrugated plastic the price will increase though!

I got my doors and windows from someone who sells salvaged materials. The
wood - for the most part - was all new as was the plastic.

I need to repot my citrus. I found out many of the tropical plants Lowe's
gets in are field grown, thus root bound and will not thrive if not
repotted. Could root bound plants be the problem? I do not overly fertilize
(I use kelp) and water only when I think about it which sometimes causes
leaves to begin to fall off! I do try to keep my greenhouse misted though
and now that this one is built I do not plan to move any plants outside
anymore. It is just too much work.

I found this on canning cake and bread
http://www.realfood4realpeople.com/jars.html It says to check the jars
frequently and do not use any that have come unsealed, which of course I
know. Cake here is wasted if I bake a whole one so I was thinking if the
batter was split up we could eat one can at a time over the course of
several weeks and it would keep. Has anyone had any experience doing this? I
used to be such a maniac on getting rid of food that once a year my freezer
got cleaned and all the meat given to neighbors! No kidding. I also would
not eat anything outdated even if it was in a can = nor cheese with mold.
Now that I know more about food, I no longer do that and feel kind of silly
that I once felt that way but I am sure the neighbor with six kids that got
my food was thankful for it!

Sheri