Re: Trip advice CA Sept 12-20th

Yes, it was. I forgot about that.

On Sep 7, 2007, at 12:10 PM, Johnson Cyndi D Civ 95 CG/SCSRT wrote:

I forgot about Lompoc, sometimes it is pretty amazing to see all the
flower fields. But the tour is only that one day in April, it looks
like. I will have to remember that for later, maybe I can go some year.
Isn't this the place that grew that field of larkspur in the shape of
the flag? That picture was all over the internet for a while.

Cyndi

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-gardenchat@hort.net [mailto:owner-gardenchat@hort.net] On
Behalf Of james singer
Sent: Friday, September 07, 2007 8:55 AM
To: gardenchat@hort.net
Subject: Re: [CHAT] Trip advice CA Sept 12-20th

North of SB a ways is Lompoc. Bodger Seeds has acres and acres of
growing grounds in the area, so it's often quite colorful just to ride
through the area. There is also a tour of their greenhouses. See

http://www.ci.lompoc.ca.us/departments/parks_rec/greenhouse.htm

Bodger is a major wholesale-only producer of flower seeds that are
repackaged by retailers--Parks, Burpee, etc.