Re: Gardenweb web site

Hi Gerry/Bob

It definitely IS one of the best (if not 'the' best)site for gardening
info exchange.  Spike has never edited or censored anything I've posted
- and I've not heard of any problems unless like you said someone was
posting purely as a means to obtain some free advertising.  As for
mentioning other websites, or posting urls, there's been no problems as
far as I know, with participants discussing various sources, or
nurseries if they wish.  I can certainly understand why Spike would
resent anyone using his site simply to boost their own business,
especially when others pay for advertising there.

I do know that on his forums, most people stick pretty close to the
topics at hand, or at least to some aspect of gardening.  Actually, it's
a relief to know the postings are going to be about gardening, and not
politics, jokes, or other unrelated topics.  I hope Spike keeps it going
FOREVER.  He's got a great site.