Re: Neighbors

  • Subject: Re: Neighbors
  • From: "Barbara Weitemier" <bweite@hscis.net>
  • Date: Thu, 2 Aug 2001 08:44:20 -0700

Chris---
Some years ago, my cousin asked my mother, who was a talented painter, if she would do a painting for her if the cousin provided the paints! Many people simply have no idea of the time and energy, not to mention the expense, that goes into growing a garden or creating a work of art. No, Mother declined the offer!
I stopped at a roadside rock shop on my way home yesterday from a trip, and besides the tables loaded with polished slabs and decorative pieces, there was a good sized pile of rough, uncut rocks at the corner of the house. When I asked the price of these rocks, the owner said they were free! because they weren't going to use them for cutting material.
So I collected half a dozen melon-sized rocks for my rockery---and bought a beautiful petrified wood specimen for a Christmas present. What nice people to give away something they really had no use for.   Barbara in Walla Walla.