Re: A Little Help--Narda, Harry???

  • Subject: Re: A Little Help--Narda, Harry???
  • From: NardaA@aol.com
  • Date: Sun, 26 Aug 2001 20:28:08 EDT

Betsy, you are still a kid!  Oh for your enthusiasm.  White clay is hard to
find in great abundance, but if you do find some it will be fun to play with.

Just run it through a screen to remove any small rocks and pebbles sticks and
other organic debris, then you are ready to play.

Sorry I was not taking notes when I was in my pottery classes in college when
we were mixing clay, but it has to be kneaded or wedged and aged in a good
tight storage space.  Sand is not a problem unless you are trying to make
porcelain.

I have had kids bring things to school that they made from creek clay and
have fired them at a slow and low temp and they came out just fine.

Do you have someone to fire your clay for you?  N.