Re: Zumbarizing/Bud Isolation

  • Subject: Re: Zumbarizing/Bud Isolation
  • From: "Ran Lydell" ranbl@netsync.net
  • Date: Fri, 23 Aug 2002 21:47:46 -0400

----- Original Message -----
From: Chick
Sent: Friday, August 23, 2002 9:38 AM
Chick
From my experience you are pretty close.  I mantioned larger AVERAGE plants because that is just what you will get.  Not larger plants.  You might try Bud Isolation , though and see how you think it does.  I totally agree, in nature , you don't get get something for nothing!  There is a price to pay and in this case it will be size.
Thanks
Ran

Ran Lydell wrote:
006701c24aa2$91393cc0$0101a8c0@hppav">
  so you can acomplish three things . better increase, more sports and larger average plants .
I'm not sure about the last one. I have not tried bud isolation, but when I have tried to use all of the other methods, the result was smaller average plants.
Here's my arithmatic on all of these methods.  If I use these bud cutting methods, maybe I'll get ten plants in the spring, and all of them will be small, in my experience  very small.  When I have done this, it is usually the following year before I have a plant of decent size.  If I let the plant multiply naturally, if I get an increase of 3 per year, which certainly isn't hard to get in most varieties, and I divide the plant and let it increase again the next year, I have 9 full size divisions in two years