From: Frances C <Frances@taconic.net>
To: <hosta-open@mallorn.com>
Sent: Friday, February 04, 2000 12:51 PM
Subject: Re: The Mail

Hello Bob,

I can't tell you how much I appreciated your defense of me.  Hank's
absolutely devastated me -- it was so unexpected.  I did a dumb thing --
a small
dumb thing in the gereral scheme of things.  I have done far dumber
things in my
life.  I have received a few private supportive messages, which helped
because I
was feeling as though I had committed a serious criminal offense.  That
was my
feeling, even though my mind told me that it was relatively tribial.  I
have not
yet responded to Bobbi"s later message -- as a matter of fact, I haven't
read it yet because I expect it to be a lecture -- perhaps not.

About copying tapes:  I have two VCRs and have copied many tapes.  With
general expertise, I feel foolish telling you this, but if you are
serious this
is how it is done:
You needn't unhook the TV, just get two mini-plug cords.  Hook one from
out" to "video in" and the other from "audio out" to "audio in".  I
think they
override the cable coming in, but I detach the cable just to be sure.

I find it hard to believe that you are serious, but if you are, and if
isn't clear enough, just let me know.

I would also be more than happy to make some copies and would actually
love to
see those tapes.  If you send a set to me, I will make some copies.  BTW
many tapes are there?