Re: Library is back up

  • Subject: Re: Library is back up
  • From: "H. WILLIAMS" <msbucky@home.com>
  • Date: Wed, 20 Jun 2001 23:52:44 -0400

Easy solution to problem...  Trial membership...  Full membership to be
paid for.  Include cd with membership... updates to same on membership
renewal.  Result- Cost of cds paid for, traffic to site lessened, Bob
has income to cover costs of maintaining site. Voila!

Most of us can well afford to pay for the privilege of accessing the
library, especially with a cd dangled as bait. We pay for most other
things in life, why not this?  We can afford to indulge ourselves when
it comes to the latest and greatest hosta...  If certain participants
are in a position where paying the membership would be a financial
hardship, Bob could look at that on a case by case basis...

There are several resource libraries on the web, where one can access
various journals, only certain sections, a maximum number of times, then
one is expected to pay for the benefit. Why not this library?  It is
certainly worth it, especially if the text descriptions of the plants
continue to be added.