Re: library isn't working right now

  • Subject: Re: library isn't working right now
  • From: "Andrew Lietzow" <andrewl@hostahaven.com>
  • Date: Thu, 21 Jun 2001 09:22:59 -0500

Hi Bob,
RE:>>Plus I would never sleep again knowing you had been coerced.

Me neither.  Now and then you make me laugh .... and this I see as a good
thing even with this blasted crook in my neck...

Seriously, if you allow people to basically have the whole site on CD-ROM,
sending it out at no cost, and are simply saying "I don't mind people having
access as long as the copyrights are protected and no sites are in service
that are not under my control", then having it available at other servers
might be an option that would cut the traffic at the principal server.  Is
it the throughput or the number of hits for which they are wanting to charge
extra?

I have a couple of projects that I need to complete before I experiment with
anything else, but I'll get with you on this option in a few weeks to see
what is feasible.  I don't have 100,000 web site customers bringing my
servers to their knees and I'm currently not relying on this aspect of my
business to bring in a lot of revenue.  Besides, I kind of like Hostas
myself and like to be helpful in promoting the genus.  I wouldn't mind
knowing how well a 256K connection would hold up with a little more traffic.

Send something privately if you want to discuss options.  I'll try not to be
my usual overly inquisitive, pain in the petutie (sp?) self...  :-) (Fat
chance).

Andrew Lietzow
The ACL Group, Inc.
andrewl@theaclgroup.com