Re: Another dumb question

  • Subject: Re: Another dumb question
  • From: "Ann James" <annfree@earthlink.net>
  • Date: Tue, 18 Jun 2002 21:48:01 -0500

I am past the stage where I take hobbies into passions.  I have done
tropical fish, birds, and orchids into the next universe.  All I want from
hostas is nice shade plants.   And they are certainly doing that.

The hosta dormancy was a surprise to me, for I didn't know that they just
vanished.  I thought they were all gone, but they came back bigger and

What does continue to astonish me is that there are next to no hostas here
and that Texas A&M has conducted a seven year hosta study among wholesale
nurseries to see how and why they do well here.  Or not.

They should ask me.

Ann James