Re: copyright?? on library photos

Diane wrote:
RE:>>If a pic doesn't have that included with it on
the web, it's not copyrighted.  If the photo credit is on the web page, but
not embedded in the photo, it's anyone's pic to be used.
---------------

I'm afraid that it's a shame but true... at least from what I can read from
http://www.arl.org/info/frn/copy/band.html That may be the only way to
determine whether a picture is actually copyrighted.  To tell the group here
that everything is copyrighted is helpful, but then this is not a legal means
in which to perfect those rights to property.

Looks like you've got a great routine in place to curtail unauthorized
duplication from the Hosta Library so this has been a very productive day.
Fantastic!  Now, if you would, Bob, please delete that grainy picture of
Hadspen Samphire that I sent (back when there still weren't any pics
available).  It's embarassing... :-(

As for morals, bet most of you didn't know that we shouldn't have worked
today.  It's the Muslim holiday equivalent to Christmas...

Andrew Lietzow