Re: copyright?? on library photos//court is in session.

I couldn't agree more, well said Dan.

Kent
----- Original Message -----
From: Dan Nelson
Sent: Thursday, March 08, 2001 5:27 PM
Subject: Re: copyright?? on library photos//court is in session.

Andrew,

I gather from you posting that you feel it is okay to use photos from the Hosta Library even when you have been told that permission has not been granted.

Go ahead and use them if the law is the only thing holding you back. I think you will find that you will get a bad reputation as a hosta nursery and as a nurseryman. If people's wishes don't slow you down maybe lost income and a bad reputation will. There is a fairly small group of people that are buying these hundreds of new hosta cultivars. Bad news travels fast in this group as you will find out after you have been with us for a few years.

You seem to have a problem with Bob. I know you do a lot of web work and maybe there is a bit of professional jealousy going on here. I hope you don't continue to have problems with Bob and what he has done and is doing for hostas on the internet.

Bob has been the most generous person that I know of concerning hosta information on the internet. We all love and admire him for what he has done for us. I don't believe you have the right to tell Bob and the contributors to the Hosta Library to make money on hostas but give  their hosta photos away. It burns me up to see you antagonize Bob and I bet I am not alone.

Proceed at you own risk. The court of public opinion is in session.

Dan