As an old man, I love to see the minds of a few young people who know
each other well, exchanging ideas, first one and then the other, adding
to the germ of an original  idea to come up with something even better
and more useful. Then add to that,other creative and inspiring versions
of the same and related thoughts, building one upon the other of the
various ideas,.all aimed at an understood objective such as improving a
system, organizing a better organization, sharing with others what they
are discovering. There is no room for ego, or "I said that first" or
"its my idea, not yours."

The creativity that stimulates new ideas, new ways of doing things or
new ways to think about things.is an important purpose  in and of
itself. But there must be another ultimate higher goal. . And that goal
must be worthwhile achieving.

What I am saying is that I sincerely appreciate the comraderie of my
many good friends on the hosta-open who are willing to share so many
good hosta-related ideas with each other, whether it be regarding
science, pix, plants, original ideas,  experiences, seeds or plants..
This is the spice of life that makes life worth living..Just HAD to say
that this afternoon..

Jim Hawes