Re: Registration

  • Subject: Re: Registration
  • From: "Ransom Lydell" <ranbl@netsync.net>
  • Date: Mon, 21 May 2001 07:38:02 -0400

----- Original Message -----
From: "Chick" <chick@bridgewoodgardens.com>
To: <hosta-open@mallorn.com>
Sent: Sunday, May 20, 2001 12:08 PM

> And why do we consider undulata Albomarginata to be junk?  What is our
> definition?
**************************
Chick
 Here is a hosta , that simply crys "JUNK"  It only has one value.  It can
be used as the base line by which to judge all other hostas.  In my opnion
it is junk for the following reasons.  Foliage has no particular attractive
pattern( except perhaps the wavy edges).  Variegation tends to fade during
the progress of the season.  Likely to be highly slug damaged due to the
thin and flimsy foliage and is frequently weather damaged for the same
reasons.  Of course there are the blooms.  I am sure most would agree the
scapes are akwardly tall, and the bloom arrangmant on the scape is not very
pretty.  In all these plants represent just what we don't want in a hosta!
Somewhere, someone ought to keep just one for histories sake ~ ~ ~ the rest
should  "GO" !
Thanks
Ran