>I could care less if you lose your washer.  I was only trying to make the
>point that the government should not be able to tell me what kind of washer
>or anything else for that matter that I can buy.

I happened to be in an appliance store today, shopping for a new
refrigerator, and asked the owner about this new federal law prohibiting
the manufacture and sale of top-loading washers.  To quote him, "You have
to stop believing what you hear on the Internet.  There is no truth to that
rumor."  Now I am really confused -- first being misled by Gore and Bush,
and now Beth -- what will happen next?