Re: election - delete if not interested

----- Original Message -----
From: andrewl
Sent: Monday, November 20, 2000 1:42 AM
Subject: Re: election - delete if not interested

Hi Ran,
.   Have you heard from Pete lately?   You guys going to the WSM?
Yes * yes

Now about this old news on Clinton and those White House shenanigans....

Joe Haber compared the atrocities of Nixon to Clinton, claiming Clinton makes Nixon look like a saint.  This is like comparing murder to sex and saying the crime is equal.  When Nixon lied to the American people, i.e. he told us that we were not bombing Cambodia

If I start looking for all the lies presidents have told the american people, I suppose I would spend the rest of the winter.  I know this has been said many times before, but we (hopefully) have no aristoracy in this country.  We are all subject to the same laws.  Anyone lieing to a grand jury, should pay the price.  As far as his ( Clintons) resignation causing a nullification of of voters pleasure His assendancy, you may remember, was with much less than 50 % of the popular vote.  Something that Democrats are not talking about.  Funny how that is such an important factor, in talking about Clinton, but In the Case of Nixon, resignation was fine.

Beyond the sex thing with President Clinton, I am curious --what accusations have been made that held water?

I suspect all of them "hold water" He is slick ( or was that sick) alright, but what ever anyone else sees, ( or wants to see)I am sure, he has used his position for carefull minapulation on the American public, and I doubt that many honest americans would deny it.  If one thinks that is OK or a good thing, that he and the other "great thinker" his so called wife, have used their positions for their own overiding gains, then I have no arguemant.

Secondly, Beth commented on the state of the movie industry.  I suggest turning the tube off, or just don't go to the movies.  There IS a lot of trash on the tube.  -----

That may not bother a lot of people, and I watch the tendancy , for some to label any one who comments unfavorably on the high degree of trash on TV and worse in the movies, as religous zelots, just the same, it is inadiquate to say simply, turn it off.  This stuff , if aimed at me is easy to handle, but it is aimed at my and all our children . It portrays and supports, lifestiles that are immoral, and a detrimant to a well functioning society.  No one can say "it is not my worry"  The fact that so many seem to be saying just that, should be causing aven more alarm.

Hell, one of the greatest Statesmen of all time, and a major contributor to the Constitution and to the beginning of this nation, was committing adultery for years, yet seemed to be functioning fairly well as a leader.

Yeah that 200 year old -plus- stuff again

BTW, does anyone know what happened in the Linda Tripp wire taping case?  Was she found innocent or guilty?

I believe she got an award of some cash.

I did not imply that just supporting Democrat views on any given subject , was tantamont to "not thinking" I frequently find areas where I agree with their stand, and don't like what I hear in the other side.  I know both you and Chick personally, and sure don't think you are ignorant of or don't think through the issues.  But it is a typical Democrat ploy to say things that will get a "knee jerk" reaction, and reduce the chances that people will think, and a lot of the public obliges !

As far as George Bush goes --=-- he's a little to liberal for me, but-------- one must make sacrifices !

Andrew Lietzow, Plantsman            http://hostahaven.com
HostaHaven.com                       mailto:andrewl@hostahaven.com
1250 41st Street                     515-274-0300 voice
Des Moines, IA 50311-2516