Re: Fall planting

  • Subject: Re: Fall planting
  • From: michael shelton <wilddog_202@yahoo.com>
  • Date: Fri, 24 Sep 2004 12:32:13 -0700 (PDT)

Dan if you noticed I suggested the the hobby gardener
not over winter without mulch. They may have only one
of a kind and consider it valuable. The few that you
might lose are insignificant as a percentage.

George did describe exactly what the danger is in a
pot and we have enjoyed some easy winters lately so
beware.

Again, if you have a few pots that you don't want to
plant then mulch if you want to be safe.

The problem is still don't allow the accumulation of
water around the crown that will freeze and thaw.

--- Dan & Lu Nelson <Hostanut@Bellsouth.net> wrote:

> We over wintered about 5,000 hostas in pots here
> just N/E of Atlanta.

=====
Butch Ragland
Conflict is as addictive as