Re: Anything I can do?

  • Subject: Re: Anything I can do?
  • From: John I Jones <jijones@usjoneses.com>
  • Date: Wed, 4 Apr 2007 08:10:25 -0700

On Apr 4, 2007, at 7:46 AM, little bit wrote:

> I know this should be on iris talk, but for some
> reason I can't figure out how to sign up for that..
> discussion on garden irises. Both experienced irisarians and
> beginners are welcome. If you grow, breed, or study irises,
> want to learn how, or just want to join the conversation,
> you are invited to subscribe.
To subscribe to the list:

1. From your email program, create a blank message.
2. In the "To:" line, type

3. In the BODY of the message put:

subscribe iris
subscribe iris-digest
subscribe iris-allow

Depending on what kind of service you want. (read further)

Subscribe iris will allow you to post messages to iris@hort.net and
receive individual messages posted there.

Subscribe iris-digest will allow you to post messages to
iris@hort.net and receive a daily digest of all messages posted.

Subscribe iris-allow will allow you to post messages to iris@hort.net
but not receive individual messages posted there. (You can read the
messages by accessing the archives with your browser). If you have
multiple email addresses (or locations) you can subscribe all of them
to allow you to post from anywhere. (see below)

If for some reason you wish to have the mailings go to a different
(a friend's address, a specific other system on which you have an
or an address which is more correct than the one that automatically
in the "From:" header on the mail you send), you would add that address
the command. For instance, if you're sending a request from your work
account, but wish to receive "demo-list" mail at your personal account
(for which we will use "jqpublic@my-isp.com" as an example), you'd put
the line

subscribe demo-list jqpublic@my-isp.com

4. Send the message (the subject line does not matter)

No matter how you subscribe, the address to send posts to the list is:

being who is your point of contact for questions or problems.

Enjoy the list!

Let me know if you have problems

John | "There be dragons here"

USDA zone 8/9 (coastal, bay)