Re: HIST: TB: Pink Opal- use of species designation

  • Subject: [iris-photos] Re: HIST: TB: Pink Opal- use of species designation
  • From: "waltseed2" waltseed2@yahoo.com
  • Date: Tue, 06 Dec 2005 01:40:12 -0000

This is an apology for a foolish mistake I made last Saturday.

>   Pink Opal is not a typical I. pallida, but close to average I.
pallida.  A few color modifiers, and few shpe modifiers, but the DNA
is still basicly I. pallida.

This obviously doesn't go with the post I just made.

"What I wrote a few days ago was based on the assumption that all of a
plant's ancesters were actually of the same species, I. pallida in
this instance.  I was making no claim that this was the case in this
instance."

The second statement is what I stand by.  The first was made while
confusing Pink Opal with something else entirely.  It is for good
reason I mostly lurk.
Sorry.
Walter

http://us.click.yahoo.com/VpTY2A/lzNLAA/yQLSAA/2gGylB/TM