Re: to be or not to be

Mike wrote:
"but it does not have "perfect" qualities.  Does that mean we don't
introduce it?  What do you all think given a slightly different perspective? "

Not to say that good performance isn't rewarding but, we have between
500-600 iris and certainly have some poor performers that are gorgeous and
therefor keepers. Sometimes it's an event (read exciting) just to have a
particular plant bloom. Your sensitivity to "Garden Appeal" is a virtue.
Perfection can be a goal, but it shouldn't be a requirement. We'd miss a
lot of beauty along the way. I've been to dog shows and seen some really
perfect specimens of really ugly dogs, but I never met an Iris I didn't like!!

Janet and Shan in Billings, MT
where:
"Little guys" in full bloom
Medians are popping