Re: [aroid-l] From Peru

  • Subject: Re: [aroid-l] From Peru
  • From: "Julius Boos" ju-bo@msn.com
  • Date: Mon, 26 Aug 2002 05:51:47 -0400

----- Original Message -----
From: Ricardo Sander <rsander@racsa.co.cr>
To: <aroid-l@lists.ncsu.edu>
Sent: Saturday, August 24, 2002 11:15 AM

Hello again Ricardo,

I was incorrect in my determination of the black birds as turkeys, I am told
(by an expert in Guatemala) that they are in fact Black Guans, Chamaeptes
unicolor!   They are rather small birds with a blue 'face'.    We live and
learn.
Thanks again for your letter.

Julius

>>Hi Julius,

I see these rare guans sometimes on the trees around our house. Big black
birds with blue peaks. They are like turkeys and have a hard time flying.
So no wonder there are almost none left. If you can throw a rock you got a
meal.

Ricardo Sander

Monteverde
Costa Rica<<