Re: [aroid-l] Possible spam/virus.

  • Subject: Re: [aroid-l] Possible spam/virus.
  • From: Al Wootten awootten@nrao.edu
  • Date: Wed, 20 Aug 2003 09:52:41 -0400

I had an onslaught of virus-excised emails also, not from aroid-l but
from various astronomical colleagues.  I use Linux mostly so no damage here.

On a completely different subject...a good time to check for possible
aroids on Mars is arriving...

On August 27, 2003 at 5:51 a.m. EDT, the planet Mars will be closer to
the Earth than at any time in all of recorded history.  At that
moment, the centers of Earth and Mars will be 34,646,418 miles apart.
The last time Mars came this close was in 57,617 B.C.  It will not be
this close again until August 28, 2287 A.D.  Since the distance
between Mars and the Earth is changing slowly, the prime viewing
will occur anytime between mid-August to mid-September.  Mars rises in
the East around sunset...can't miss it!

Clear skies,
|Al Wootten, Slacktide, Sturgeon Creek at the Rappahannock|
|Astronomer (http://www.cv.nrao.edu/~awootten/)           |
|other homepage  http://members.tripod.com/~astral        |
|Deltaville, Virginia                                     |