Re: [Aroid-l] Intrageneric crossing - a good reference

  • Subject: Re: [Aroid-l] Intrageneric crossing - a good reference
  • From: hermine hermine@endangeredspecies.com
  • Date: Sun, 29 Jan 2006 18:02:31 -0800

Before we all get too excited about intergeneric hybrids 'proving' that two genera should be merged it's wort recalling the number of intergeneric hybrids in the orchids, especially the vandoid orchids, where I believe up to seven genera (maybe more - I'm a tad out of date) have been used to make a commercial hybrid including crosses involving Phalaenopsis and Vanda.

and the NAMES you have to make up for them!
you might know this already and not even care...but the position among the Liliaceae of Sansevieria is still being debated hotly by the 12 people who care.
I am slightly terrified of orchid breeders.

Aroid-l mailing list