Re: Steve Lucas

  • Subject: Re: Steve Lucas
  • From: Steve Marak <samarak@gizmoworks.com>
  • Date: Fri, 14 Jan 2011 23:37:03 -0600 (CST)

A couple of hours ago Steve's daughters sent out a note to his address
book, which many of you on this list will also have seen. Apparently Steve
suffered a heart attack and was gone very quickly.

Although Steve had various health issues, that was never his focus and
never the impression he gave in person, and I'm sure many people who
didn't know him personally would be surprised to hear that. He always met
every problem so directly, with such determination (and without
complaint), that it seemed it was always the problem that blinked, never
Steve. As many of us had been in communication with him via e-mail up
through Wednesday afternoon, it's really hard to adjust to this sad

For those interested, his obituary may be found here:

and there is a form by which condolences may be left. I suspect that even
his family may not realize just how big his Internet world was, so I hope
his friends everywhere will let them know how widely he'll be missed.

As others have already mentioned, his family would appreciate donations to
the Missouri Botanical Garden in lieu of flowers.

-- Steve Marak
-- samarak@gizmoworks.com
Aroid-L mailing list