RE: [Aroid-l] FW: Id?

  • Subject: RE: [Aroid-l] FW: Id?
  • From: "Ron" ronlene@bellsouth.net
  • Date: Wed, 12 Jul 2006 07:06:08 -0400

Hi Ken,
The plant now has a label.  Ron

-----Original Message-----
From: aroid-l-bounces@gizmoworks.com [mailto:aroid-l-bounces@gizmoworks.com]
On Behalf Of Ken Mosher
Sent: Wednesday, July 12, 2006 12:20 AM
To: Discussion of aroids

Ron - as I surveyed my trays of Am. atroviridis 'Midnight' I did indeed
find one with a solid, reddish milk chocolate-colored petiole; no
markings. But no guarantee that it won't develop markings in subsequent
seasons.  Am. albus does that, solid green petiole during year 1 and
often 2 (from being an offset), spots after that.

Ken Mosher wrote:
> Ron,
> Your leaf description sounds like how I'd describe Am. atroviridis' dark
> form, sometimes being called 'Midnight'. Did the tuber look like
> atroviridis? Sometimes the young tubers aren't that distinctive, but for
> an 18" petiole you ought to have gotten the characteristic shape.
> The plants I have in leaf of that cultivar so far do have petiole
> mottling, but they're milk-chocolate brown, maybe slightly more reddish.
> You said yours are solid color, maybe that's within the natural
> variability.
> -Ken Mosher
Aroid-l mailing list

Aroid-l mailing list