Aphis on Pistia

Dear List,

To my surprise I found that an aquarium of mine with a layer of
floating Pistia contained numerous tiny aphids, evidently parasitising
what I assumed previously to be a pest-resistant aroid. The aphids in
question are slightly yellowish-brown in color. Other Pistia I have
are not infested. Does anyone have any knowledge of this curiosity?

I can send a vial of preserved specimens in case we have a legit
parasitologist reading this.

Ted Held
Aroid-L mailing list