Re: Basic Aroid Question??

-----Original Message-----
From: Mike Bernardoni <mikeb@GlobalEyes.net>
To: ju-bo@msn.com <ju-bo@msn.com>
Date: Saturday, June 13, 1998 2:08 PM
Subject: Basic Aroid Question??
Dear Mike,
I do not grow Alocasias, but they are normally grown in the shade, though I
suspect quite a few of the commoner species would and do grow very well in
full sun.  Colocasias do well in full sun, and are grown as food in
rice-type paddys or fields, and will also grow in partial shade.  Caladiums
seem to prefer partial shade or "dappled sunlight" under a tree.
Hope this helps.
Cheers,
Julius
ju-bo@msn.com

>Hi  I was wondering how much sun that Colocasias and Alocasias can take???
Does it
depend on the variety???  I usually keep my Caladiums in the shade...Common
"Elephant
Ears"..can they be grown in full sun???  I know these are basic questions
and I will
appreciate your help!! TIA  Mike<