[aroid-l] INTERNATIONAL AROID SYMPOSIUM, BORNEO, 2004

  • Subject: [aroid-l] INTERNATIONAL AROID SYMPOSIUM, BORNEO, 2004
  • From: "Peter Boyce" peterboyce@myjaring.net
  • Date: Sat, 15 Nov 2003 15:19:35 +0700

Dear All

I am seriously investigating the possibility of organizing an INTERNATIONAL
AROID SYMPOSIUM, in November 2004 here in Kuching, the state capital of
Sarawak, Malaysia, on the NW coast of Borneo. The rough outline is for the
symposium to be spread over one week (Sunday evening - Friday inclusive)
with 3 1/2 days of presentations & poster sessions and one day spent in the
field at a nearby National Park.

This is an initial emailing to gauge interest in such a Symposium. If you
think that there is a chance that you will attend, and you wish to receive
the first circular, please email me at the following address:

peterboyce@myjaring.net

In the email, please indicate:

1. Your mailing/postal address in order that I can mail you the first
circular.

2. Your most often used email address (if different to that which you use to
email me this information)

3. Willingness to make an oral presentation or present a poster on:

    a. Scientific, or
    b. Horticultural, or
    c. Travelogue, or
    d. Other subject.

In addition to this general email, I will be privately emailing individual
people to ask if they would be willing to present particular lectures.
However, I would ask that ALL those interested in attending respond to this
email.

Very many thanks

Peter

--------------------