Re: [Aroid-l] Amorph and Arisaema dormancy questions

  • Subject: Re: [Aroid-l] Amorph and Arisaema dormancy questions
  • From: "Alan Galloway" alan_galloway@bellsouth.net
  • Date: Mon, 14 Nov 2005 08:55:27 -0500

----- Original Message ----- From: "Adam Black" <epiphyte1@earthlink.net>

my Amorph. gigas that I purchased this year is going dormant and I would like to know if this is one of the species that should be kept in the pot with barely damp soil or if it can be stored "dry".
This species should be kept potted and slightly moist!!!

My Amorph. pygmaeus that I purchased in fall '04 as a dormant tuber never emerged from dormancy all year.
This species, as well as Am. saururus, Am. cicatricifer, and a few others will
sometimes skip a year of any kind of activity, no leaf and no flower. I would
expect your Am. pygmaeus to either flower or leaf out this coming spring.

Aroid-l mailing list