Re: Spathicarpa question

  • Subject: Re: Spathicarpa question
  • From: "Christopher Rogers" <crogers@ecoanalysts.com>
  • Date: Mon, 22 Sep 2008 11:00:34 -0700

Hello!

What species do you have? I have S. sagittifolia, which can go dormant on occasion. I have grown this plant for four years, and there seems to be no pattern to its dormancy, which lasts a month or less. The plant does need high humidity, but also needs moving air, like orchids. Without the air movement, you will lose leaves and can get some rot, which can kill the tuber.

This species also likes to be kept in the shade, with only indirect light, which yields nice green leaves and lots of blooms. In brighter light the leaves become pale and sickly white or yellow.

I hope this helps,

Christopher

D. Christopher Rogers

((,///////////=======<

EcoAnalysts, Inc.

1.530.756.4481

1.530. 383.4798 (cell)

1307 "L" Street

Davis, CA 95616

USA

ŸInvertebrate Taxonomy

ŸEndangered Species

ŸEcological Studies

ŸBioassessment

ŸInvasive Species

ŸPlankton

ŸPhycology

Moscow, Idaho Ÿ Bozeman, Montana Ÿ Davis, California Ÿ Joplin, Missouri

Selinsgrove, Pennsylvania

ecoanalysts.com