Re: Collard Greens

Ammey wrote:
>I live in NE Ohio and have attempted to grow Collard Greens this Summer.  I
>planted them Memorial Day Weekend and they are really big and leafy now, but
>I'm not sure exactly when I should pick them to cook.  Please advise how
>long I should wait or how they should look before I cook them.

You can eat them at any time. If they are tiny, you can use them raw in
salads. Otherwise, pick whenever you want to use them and cook like Swiss
Chard (of course, this just begs the question "How do you cook Swiss Chard?"

Your choices are to boil them to death with pork products or to saute with
garlic and olive oil, then add to anything you think needs a green veggies.
I've also chopped up, then roasted really huge leaves with chicken, turkey, etc.

Dorene Pasekoff, Coordinator

A mission of