Re: Can You Grow Corn in Small Spaces?

Oh yeah,

Did I forget to mention the squirrels and raccoons? Our garden is in
the very heart of South Philly. Even so we've had marauding raccoons
as well as
squirrels. I don't know how the raccoons got to us, but one of our
neighbors saw two of them one evening.

If something steals your corn, you can differentiate between S's and
R's. Squirrels take the ear with them. Raccoons climb the stalk and
eat it right there.

Did I mention that nowadays when I know I'm going to do corn, I plant
fava beans first for the N (and the great food, specially good boiled
or steamed and sprinkled with sumac powder), cut the fava stalks and
then plant the corn?

I find hex spacing really hard without a template, so I plant a row
and then plant the next row so that each seed is right between two of
the seeds in the first row.

		x    x    x    x    x    x
        		   x    x    x    x    x    x