Oh.....Canada

  • Subject: [cg] Oh.....Canada
  • From: "Karen Jones" k.jones@uwinnipeg.ca
  • Date: Fri, 17 Mar 2006 12:56:08 -0600

Well not too much praise to0 fast...  all Canadians are'nt as
enlightened as maybe Torontoians. Here in Winnipeg, we are on a smaller
scale like the gardens in South L.A. We have taken a page out of the
book of the gardens who had to sell their gardens by the square inch to
purchase it for the community and are embarking on a square centimeter
sale to preserve our garden from a Provincial NGO who wants to  guess
what..... housing. In a part of the city which currently has a deficit
of public open space. If anyonewho  has undertaken this attempt to save
their gardens could provide some detailed instructions that would be
wonderful. Currently we are working at becoming a non-profit so we can
set up a trust fund at the local Credit Union. Anything which anyone
could share would be helpful.
                                           Thanks.....Sherbrook Street
Community Garden