Re: what's appropriate for this list?

  • Subject: Re: [cg] what's appropriate for this list?
  • From: David King <greenman@ucla.edu>
  • Date: Sun, 06 May 2001 23:26:17 -0700

Dear Anna,

First of all, a very hearty thanks for the work you do on the behalf of
this list!  Your diligence and faithful labor help make the list such a
valuable resource that so many enjoy and often simply take for granted.

Secondly, a most emphatic NO! to plant-specific questions.  We must
remember why we are here and stick to that and that alone.  The next
thing you get people asking for an herbal remedy to baldness or what
plant based cleaner is best for their house or how come Muffy gets sick
whenever Muffy eats the datura....   No, there are other lists for that
- we see it all the time, questions are asked - inappropriately many
times - and it is merely obvious that the questioner wishes to supplied
the right answer without lifting a finger to find the right answer!
Certainly takes the "quest" out of "question"!

It is imperative beyond all shadow of a doubt to me that the list needs
to hold to a single-ness of purpose and not allow itself to be diluted
by other issues that have appropriate answers elsewhere.

david - so how do you REALLY feel about it - king