Re: Adiantum capillus-veneris

 Ralph:

That brings up the form of Adiantum capillus-veneris that Siskiyou
Nursery sold for years as A. c-v Michigan Hardy.  We actually are
propagating this now and would like to find an original location for
this.  Does anyone on the list have first hand knowledge where this is
from.  The USDA plants database shows all the other disjunct populations,
but mentions no collections from Michigan.

Tony Avent
Plant Delights Nursery @
Juniper Level Botanic Garden
9241 Sauls Road
Raleigh, North Carolina  27603  USA
Minimum Winter Temps 0-5 F
Maximum Summer Temps 95-105F
USDA Hardiness Zone 7b
email tony@plantdelights.comwebsite  http://www.plantdelights.comphone 919 772-4794
fax  919 772-4752
"I consider every plant hardy until I have killed it myself...at least three times" - Avent

ralpharcher wrote:

  Betty H. in South Bend, IN USA
  I remember seeing a wonderful, very large maidenhair cascading down a rock
  face in the fern room display at Fernwood Botanic Garden in Niles, MI.   I
  think it was Adiantum capillus-veneris.
  Do you know if it was, and if so, is it still there?  It was worth the whole
  trip as I remember it.
  Ralph in Louisville, KY