Re: Adiantum capillus-veneris

It was Adiantum capillus-veneris, and as far as i know it is still there, but have not seen Fernwood's Fern House in about three years, so..... As long as the water flows, and there are spores, it will be coming back. It was very pretty!
Betty in South Bend IN

On Jun 22, 2006, at 3:56 PM, ralpharcher wrote:

Betty H. in South Bend, IN USA
I remember seeing a wonderful, very large maidenhair cascading down a rock
face in the fern room display at Fernwood Botanic Garden in Niles, MI. I
think it was Adiantum capillus-veneris.
Do you know if it was, and if so, is it still there? It was worth the whole
trip as I remember it.
Ralph in Louisville, KY

----- Original Message -----
From: "Shelley Dillard" <rdillard@pobox.upenn.edu>
To: <ferns@hort.net>
Sent: Thursday, June 22, 2006 7:53 AM
Subject: Re: [ferns] Adiantum capillus-veneris

Tony,
Please send to me, too!  It sounds wonderful...wish I could go.
Shelley

At 07:16 AM 6/22/2006, you wrote:
Denise:

I have photos, but haven't got them posted anywhere.  I'll get them
scanned shortly and send them off list.

____________
Shelley Dillard
Propagator
Morris Arboretum of the University of Pennsylvania
100 Northwestern Ave.
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19118
phone:  215-247-5777 x118
email:  rdillard@pobox.upenn.edu
web site:  http://www.morrisarboretum.org

There are two ways to live your life.  One is as though nothing is a
miracle.  The other is as though everything is a miracle.
Albert Einstein