Re: FW: (ferns) Polypodium vulgare, summer-deciduous

  • Subject: Re: FW: [ferns] (ferns) Polypodium vulgare, summer-deciduous
  • From: "Brian Swale" <bj@caverock.net.nz>
  • Date: Fri, 24 Sep 2004 21:52:08 +1200

Hello Wim and all,

This e-mail should get to both the Digest and the ordinary list members (non-
digest), hopefully. I have covered both eventualities I think.

Thanks for your info Wim.

So, here it is early Spring. The plants in my garden already have great yellow
round sori under the fronds.  I'll check in daylight tomorrow how ripe they
might be.

The leaves are a vivid strong green, but when it gets dry as it could do in a
month or two, if I don't water the plants, the fronds quietly die down.

The species we have starts producing sori from a very early age, say year 2.

Brian Swale