Re: OT - Plantar Fasciitis

  • Subject: Re: OT - Plantar Fasciitis
  • From: "Daryl" <dp2413@comcast.net>
  • Date: Mon, 17 Aug 2009 09:03:16 -0400

One thing that helped me a lot was to rest my feet on the floor, with my arches in the middle of a roll-type neck pillow. A rolled up towel would probably be as good. The other was orthotics with strong arch support that the doctor prescribed for my metatarsalgia. A couple of months with those and there was no problem getting up and walking in the morning. I hate wearing shoes all the time, but the relief is worth it.

Do you have to keep both feet up when you're sitting? Perhaps you could alternate feet? I think that what's probably happening is that when you sit with your feet up, your toes tend to rotate forward a bit, shortening the tendon. Then when you get up it has to stretch that much farther.