Re: invasives

How awful! I dread the day a house is built in the hayfield across the street from my house. The upside is I am the vice-chairman of our historic zoning board, and our entire town is on the National Register of Historic Places.
zem
To: "gardenchat" <gardenchat@hort.net>
Sent: Tuesday, January 08, 2008 1:13 PM
Subject: Re: [CHAT] invasives

I remember driving outside of London (never got into the city itself) and
seeing Buddleias everywhere there was untended land.  They were apparently
having a real problem with them on railroad beds too, and when trains went
over, could ignite.

I'm definitely with you on residential developments. We've been in one of the fastest growing areas for years, and sometimes made number one on the list. There's a C-store where I used to look out my window at cows and ponies. :-(