RE: Re: Tomatoes, now Jim's distillery

Distillery makes me think of alcohol... Tomato wine anyone?

Cyndi

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-gardenchat@hort.net [mailto:owner-gardenchat@hort.net] On
Behalf Of Cornergar@aol.com
Sent: Wednesday, July 18, 2007 11:57 AM
To: gardenchat@hort.net
Subject: Re: [CHAT] Re: Tomatoes, now Jim's distillery

I have buckets full of a sweet tomato called "Glacier" we tried for the
first time this year. Got the seed from Totally Tomatoes and it was
producing by July 4th. Normally we don't have any before mid Aug. They
are quite small so I think we will make juice with the excess in our new
steam distiller. Jim, you have to take credit/blame for this. It's all
your fault that we have found yet another way to spend money! I was so
intrigued by your description a while back that I started searching and
we ended up buying the Finnish Mehta-Liisa model. We have blueberries,
blackberries, raspberries, apples, pears, serviceberries and of course
various veggies that we can experiment with. And to make a long story
even longer...when we went to the Finnish website we found they were
offering a cookbook by Beatrice Ojakangas we could download.  This
author is a well known chef/ cookbook author from the same very small
town (600 pop.) in northern Minn that I am from. As always..small world!
Kathy