To: <gardenchat@hort.net>
Sent: Sunday, July 18, 2010 7:08 AM
Subject: RE: [CHAT] To Gene

Judy
When I first before I began my appointments with oncologists,
radiologist, etc. my sister told me to forget I ever heard the word
schedule. Just go and plan on spending the day at someone else's direction
and discretion. I do not think any appointment we ever had happened on time or lasted as planned. Mostly it was waiting for someone to come into a room
where we had been placed.
Anyway.... we do keep our notebook of past history and meds so we
can answer the same questions over and over. I take index cards with
questions to ask at my next appointment.
We try to reward ourselves after appointments with late breakfast or
lunch before returning home. All of our appointments are 45 minutes to full
hours' drive each way from home.
Most of this is a disruption to normal life and although necessary,
it is resented.

Gene E. Bush
Munchkin Nursery & Gardens,LLC
www.munchkinnursery.com