Re: 2012 Seed Catalogs
gardenchat@hort.net
  • Subject: Re: 2012 Seed Catalogs
  • From: James Singer <inlandjim1@q.com>
  • Date: Wed, 23 Nov 2011 16:02:56 -0800

That's sad, Rich, losing a Post Office. It would be like losing family to me.
I grew up during the Depression as a Post Office kid--the old man was a letter
carrier, superintendent of mails, assistant Post Master. When I got out of the
service and back in college, I lugged mail for a year myself. Great job, great
comrades. I can still remember how the place smelled, kind of musty, old
leather... not to mention starting work at 4 AM and not getting home until 4
PM.

"I don't try to describe the future. I try to prevent it." -- Ray Bradbury

On Nov 23, 2011, at 3:38 PM, Rich Apking wrote:

> Hi Gene, and all,  I can sympathize with the catalog thing, and I'm glad
you're going on line.  With me it doesn't make a lot of difference, as we will
be losing our Post Office within the next 6 months or so.  I', just
self-centered enough that I feel like I'm losing part of my identity.  Well.
all of you have the very best Thanksgiving ever. and eat a bite of pumpkin pie
for me.  Talk to you later, Rich