Re: Hosta in Florida

  • Subject: Re: Hosta in Florida
  • From: "W. George Schmid" hostahill@Bellsouth.net
  • Date: Sat, 22 Nov 2003 17:11:46 -0500

Hi Frances, again,
Don't be sad, there are thousands of incredible and beautifuul plants you
can grow that far south that we here in 7a can just pine for. I suggest you
go on the web and search for the international aroid society 9 (aroid.org)
and visit several of the tropical gardens near Miami. You will be delighted!
Do me a favor and make records of how your hostas behave down south. That
info will be invaluable to see what happens to them. Many of our folks move
to the subtropics. Then let me know and I'll cooperate writing something on
this subject giving you all the credit you want. George

 W. George Schmid
Hosta Hill - Tucker Georgia USA
Zone 7a - 1188 feet AMSL
84-12'-30" West_33-51' North