CULT: nasty little pests

  • Subject: [PHOTO] [iris-photos] CULT: nasty little pests
  • From: "Robin Shadlow" <rshadlow@wildmail.com>
  • Date: Tue, 13 Jan 2004 13:56:36 -0600

I have some irises joining me indoors this winter for
various assorted and usually odd reasons and I've noticed a
pest that I've never seen before.

I find soft gooey blobs all over the leaves.  I've never
seen them hatch or develop into any other form.  They are
very small, probably the size of the head of a pin.  So far
I've gotten rid of them by washing the fans off with soapy
water, and by exiling a few of the worst back out doors.
They did attack a pod I had set and eventually caused the
stalk to rot.

I've never seen anything like this is Nebraska before.  Any
ideas on what it might be?

Robin Shadlow
zone 5 NE

where its warm enough today that those crocus may be fooled
into popping up

It's 2004 - time to gear up for November's Presidential election. Which candidate do you support?

Yahoo! Groups Links

To visit your group on the web, go to:

Binary data